Mad cap entertainer

 

Interview Nandini Reddy promises her new film ‘Jabardasth’ starring Samantha and Siddarth will be a laugh riot


There have been days, just after the release of Ala Modhalaindi , when onlookers would peep into Nandini Reddy’s car and ask her when she would come up with her next film; it was a clear indication as to how much they loved the breezy entertainer. Her second film is almost ready and no, it is not Malli Modhalaindi! It is Jabardasth starring Samantha and Siddarth. Is the pressure piling on the director as the D-day gets closer? “I won’t deny the pressure of Ala Modalaindi weighing on my mind. No one knew me before my first film and that was an advantage. But there is flip side to it too. I had to struggle to get people to notice the film. This time, I have an audience but I keep telling myself not to pressurise myself too much as I can make too many mistakes. I try to enjoy what I am doing. My concentration is to see that the producer recovers what he spends on the film, for that I keep an eye on the budget. Finally he needs to make another film.” Nandini doesn’t want to get slotted and enjoys all genres. She might direct an action entertainer next. She realised that comedy is her forte after completing the second movie. She adds, “ Ala Modhalaindi was a breeze and this is a mad film. I’ve created my space of comedy. Jabardasth is a laugh riot but both my films are different.”



Samantha is currently the most happening actor and Siddarth got good reviews for Love Failure , the duo are sure to perk the marketing aspects of the movie. “When there are bigger stars, you have an advantage of a bigger draw at the theatres but you also have expectations of the audiences going up. We will be showing a different kind of Siddarth and Samantha. What is the point of actors repeating themselves? There is a lot of energy in the whole film, it’s a party film. I wanted a title that will carry that energy. Since I’m born and brought up in Hyderabad, the immediate title that came to my mind is Jabardasth .”
Apart from ‘Tagubothu’ Ramesh and Ashish Vidyarthi, Nandini has introduced new characters. Siddarth and Samantha have got a better shade which has not been seen before. The senior actors also did something different. It is a clean fun film where everyone — from grandparents to grandchildren — can go and watch it.”

source: TheHindu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment